No! It’s very common for an employer and/or an insurance company to send you to their handpicked doctor in hopes of getting a report from him saying you weren’t really hurt, or that you can work, or some other opinion which is favorable to them. If the doctor says something that they don’t like – expensive evaluations like an MRI or taking you out of work – the defendants turn around and deny your claim. Your employer’s only responsibility is to pay for the authorized visits with this doctor. They have NOT accepted your claim.

If your company or their adjuster is telling you to go to a specific doctor you should ask them if they’ve accepted the claim. This is done on a Form 60 or, if the claim is accepted while they investigate, a Form 63.