Premises Liability (Slip Or Trip And Fall)
Premises liability is more commonly referred to as a slip or trip and fall accident. Most slip and falls result in minor injuries, but occasionally, they can be severe and life changing. Property owners have a responsibility to ensure their premises are safe. If they do not take the necessary precautions to maintain safe premises, they may be liable. Some the most common places slip and fall accidents occur include:
- Uneven surfaces without warning signage
- Wet floors, including recently mopped or unattended spills
- Broken flooring, covered by rugs or mats
- Areas in disrepair with poor lighting or no lighting to see obstacles
- Broken handrails that appear fully functioning
While North Carolina follows contributory negligence laws, depending on the negligence of the property owner, you may be entitled to compensation. These laws are complicated. If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident and have questions about your rights, call one of our experienced attorneys today. The slip or trip and fall attorneys at Oxner + Permar, pllc will evaluate your case confidentially, and at no cost to you.