What should I bring to my personal injury consultation?
- The accident report that details the police officer’s comments.
- Any photos you have from the accident (your vehicle damage, other vehicles, the scene, injuries taken right after the accident or of injuries that showed up later — bruises, surgery wounds, etc.)
- Your vehicle insurance declaration page. This summary page includes the amount of coverage your personal insurance handles for vehicle damage.
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses, including medical co-pays, over-the-counter medications or other expenditures not covered by your health insurance.
- Any correspondence you have received from the insurance companies of the other people involved in the incident.
- Your employer’s contact information if you will miss work because of the accident.